The Ryan office team and I are committed to working with people in the area to help you create the community you want.
Support for community organising
A community is made of people working together, and I am thrilled to be able to support groups in the community who have got together to solve a shared problem, to work towards a shared vision, or to create a shared resource. Here are some of the ways the Ryan office can help you organise:
- Printing newsletters, flyers and other materials
- Free use of event equipment including marquees, folding tables & BBQ
- Help promoting your group or event
- Free use of the Ryan meeting room
- Raffle prizes for community fundraising
- Letters of support
I know funds are often a challenge: see the Community Grants page for information about funding opportunities.
Support for individuals and families
Even in good times, navigating the complexity of different layers of bureaucracy and regulation can be challenging. My office can help people in the Ryan community to deal with individual issues, decipher jargon in official documents, and advocate on complex issues.
Some of the ways we've helped Ryan families include:
- advocating for people caught up in visa-processing delays
- helping people renegotiate NDIS plans
- clarifying government policy
- supporting people to complain about decisions made by a public authority.
Contact my office on 3378 1599 or [email protected] I try to respond personally to everyone who contacts my office by email, and my team will always do their best to help out.