Australia is in a cost-of-living crisis. Banks and other global corporations are making huge profits, while everyday Australians are struggling to make ends meet. We need real action to help Australians.
Too many politicians talk about the economy without any concern about whether people are able to survive – much less thrive. I was elected in the midst of a cost-of-living crisis, with soaring costs for household essentials, oil and gas companies profiteering from the war in Ukraine, and a shortage of housing – yet the government are more concerned with corporate profits than the wellbeing of Australians.
Watch my speech calling for real cost of living relief
The Greens are calling on the government to take action to:
- make billionaires and big corporations pay their fair share
- reduce household costs through full-funding of services like Medicare
- put a cap on essentials so everyday families can survive and thrive
- increase income support to above the poverty line.
The Greens’ plan
The Greens are the only party who have a plan to address the cost-of-living crisis. We’ll
- Fully fund public education from early childhood to post-school
- Restore Medicare, and include dental and mental health care
- Increase the minimum wage and the rate of income support
- Build a million affordable homes
- End profiteering on essential services
Read more about how The Greens will tax billionaires and corporations to invest in Australians.